Interview: Photographer Dan Hecho (Ukraine)
Can you tell us a little about you?
My name is Dan Hecho. I'm fine art photographer since 2007. I have a huge experience in arranging photography workshops and classes worldwide.
My main activities:
- Fine art and NUDE photography, as creative and commercial from 2007 to the present days
- Teaching photography by genre fine art, art nude, wedding, fashion, portrait, post-processing and color correction in Lightroom and Photoshop photo editors
- 2012-2013 organized more than 100 workshops in more than 60 cities of Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Moldova
- 2014-2019 workshops and classes were coming successfully in the following countries:
Brazil, Italy, USA, Switzerland, France, Germany, Turkey, Spain, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Holland, Greece, Bulgaria, Bali, India, Cyprus, Baltic countries, commercial surveys in the USA, Europe and Asia
- More than 2000 people have been trained, they became leading commercial artistic photographers in their regions
- In past, I was also wedding photographer 2007-2015, shot about 200 weddings in the United States and Europe.
Experience and achievements:
• winner of the international competition of wedding photography ASFo 2009;
• winner of the national Russian photo award - 2011/2013 in the "nude" category among professionals
• winner, finalist, prize-winner of the first international Photoshoot awards NUDE-2013,2014,2015,2016 in various categories and nominations
• jury member of Photoshoot awards NUDE-2017/18/19 http://www.photoshootawards.com/
• member of the jury of the competition of the German Association of Photographers 2014/16 https://www.bpp.photography/
How and when did you get into photography?
In 2007 I started to work as wedding commercial photographer to earn some money, in 2009 I start to create art nude photography for expressing my vision of beauty and my own inner world.
What does photography mean to you?
My photography now is only art, I’m trying transmit my personality into my pictures
Please briefly describe your photography style for our readers.
My photography style, you can call as, digital photography painting, my main goal to create painting by mine camera and Lightroom
Where do you get inspiration from?
My inspiration is classic painting close to Renaissance
Do you think in advance what you want in the picture ?
Never, this is completely creative process consists from lighting, location, models and my mood and feelings
Studio, on location or both?
I’m using only daylighting and prefer real interior, studios with daylighting or outdoor
Would you consider yourself a hobbyist or a paid professional?
I’m completely professional photographer, who lives only from photo activity, shooting, teaching and selling my products for editing, which helps to another photographers create colors for pictures
What has been your most memorable session and why?
Obviously, that was big shooting for Art book Nymps project in Greece. I spent one month there and got 18 days of shooting with 12 models eventually. Now I’m looking for publishing company or agency who want to earn money on that project.
Nikon or Canon? Favorite lens?
Pentax 645z + 150/2.8
What is one piece of advice you would like to offer a new photographer looking to start their own business?
First try to understand yourself, your vision of beauty and find the way to apply your personality to your pictures. Because everyone is different and unique. This is the main thing, which give to you commercial clients eventually.
What do you think of our new magazine?
Good work, keep your activity, love your content personal resources: https://danhecho.pro/ http://hechopresets.com/ https://www.instagram.com/dan_hecho/ Personal art-work website: http://www.danhecho.com/ Make your pictures awesome! http://hechopresets.com/