• Modellenland

Interview: Model Marti Jo Brooks (USA)


Can you tell us a little about you?

Greetings from the USA! Creating beauty in all areas of my life is what drives me. I love to beautify myself and the spaces around me. In highschool, I focused my energy on art which led me to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Art. After I started my family, my art fell to the side but my desire for creating remained. As a way to express this creative energy, I began to focus more on fashion, beauty, interior design and fitness. I saw fitness as a way to improve my physique and as a way to get stronger. Over time, my interest in fitness grew and inspired me to earn my personal trainers certificate. My passion for beauty and desire for improvement is what has helped prepare me for modeling.


If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?

Mostly, I think I would want to change my social ackwardness! I am a shy person, so I have a hard time approaching people. With my appearance, some people read me as being a snob, but really I am just afraid to talk to people I don’t know. With a little effort, people find that I am easy to talk to and very laid back.


How did you start modelling?

Ever since I was twelve, I have wanted to model. I thought if it was meant to be it would happen. I was never confident enough in myself to pursue it. That changed when I met my husband. His encouraging words helped me to build my confidence and made me realize how truely special I am. His encouragement inspired me to give it a shot, and I have been very thankful I did!


What do you think of the work as a model?

Modeling is fun, yet challenging at the same time. Modelding has helped me to open up, because at times it pushes me outside my comfort zone. I find it rewarding to be the subject in some else’s artwork, so I love art figure modeling.


What is your beauty regimen?

I am an avid beliver that what you put into your body reflects on how your body looks and feels. I drink only water and try to eat a resonable diet staying away from ultra processed foods and added sugar. About 80% of the time I strictly follow my regimine, but loosen up the other 20% of the time. Life is about balance and you have to enjoy yourself! I have also increased my protein and started a new weight lifting program to help build more definition and to get stronger. I also like to mix in some cardio for the endorphin kick and other amazing health benefits. I take suppliments and have a good skin care regimine. I try to get at least seven hours of sleep on week nights and I love to sleep in on the weekends!


What are your personal qualities which distinguish you from others?

I’m most often complimented on my smile. By looking at my smile, you will see that I am a very sweet, happy, vivacious person. I can be extremely confident and classy, but I am also very nice, patient, caring and humble.


What are your plans for the future?

I look forward to growing with my family and simply experiencing and loving life. I want to continue to pursue modeling working in commercial, fitness, swimsuit, lingerie and art figure modeling. I have had a lot of interest in the film industry, so I have started thinking about acting as well.


What are some of your favorite experiences so far?

I have really loved all of my experiences so far! Each one has helped me develop as a model and grow as a person. The best experience is the feeling that modeling brings. Most times modeling brings me feelings of freedom, creativity, confidence, dertermination, passion and complete bliss! The times when I am challenged working outside my comfort zone, I start my inner work. I may feel fear, discomfort mentally and physically, disapointment, and more, but I am reminded of my own strength to keep going.


Do you have any advice for those who want to start modelling?

Have respect for yourself and create in a way that speaks to your soul. Know you limitations but also know what sets you appart and focus on that. Don’t follow trends, you will likely get lost in the masses. Your strenth lies in your uniqueness.


What do you think of the magazine?

I am very pleased with the quality of the magizine from the layout to the content. The models are unique and the photographers are very creative and high-end. The content is classy and professional and layed out in a way that respects the artists. I am very pleased to be a part of it!


Facebook: www.facebook.com/martijomodel.brooks

website: www.martijomodel.com

instagram: martijomodel















70 keer bekeken0 reacties
Recent Posts
Knipsel1kopie.jpg
100046576_108081414254106_53299416628545